Monday, March 9, 2009

We've Decided to Adopt

Well, after lots & lots of consideration, we Perkinses have decided to adopt. Once we decided this is what we wanted to do, I spent hours searching out our options. What age? What gender? Where from? What kinds of fees are involved? We discussed it with the kids. We wanted them to understand that they would be required to put in time and effort, just like Chad & I would. Finally, last Saturday, we collected our paperwork and set out to pick up our baby. Eddie, a beautiful four month old little boy, joined our family early Saturday evening.

Did I mention that Eddie is a ferret? Oh. Well, he is. A very cute one at that. And his middle name is "Technology." That's right. Eddie Technology Perkins. He is the most adorable little sable colored ferret. We've only had him a few days, but I am pretty convinced that ferrets are the best pets ever. I had him litter box trained in less than a day. Hello? My kids were in diapers for three years. He sleeps like 14 hours a day, which means if I play with him for an hour or so, he is totally content. And when I don't feel like playing with him, he sits quietly in his cage. No barking. No eating the furniture. No accidents on the carpet. I'm telling you--perfect pet.

Long story a little less long, next time you're over at the Perkins' Abode, be prepared to meet our new little weasel friend.

8 comments:

TamBaum said...

Oh, you think you are so funny! Had me going there for a minute. Congratulations on the new family member!

jjstringham said...

I was going to say "wow! that adoption went fast!" Not exactly what I was imagining at first, but congratulations anyway! :-)

Mel said...

You are such a trickster! Ferrets are super cute.

aleisa said...

Congrats...even though it's a different kind of family member than I thought! I want to see pictures of the new little Eddie!

Crystal Lynn said...

Yay! Congrats on your adoption. i really thought it was for real there for a bit, i was all excited and about to hook you up with my SIL who adopted her two kids. Hahaha. Post some pics of your new addition!

Mac and Ange said...

I love Edward! He is my new favorite Perkins.
-Mac

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I love ferrets. They're SO cute! I have the fondest memory of being in a pet store with my wacky sister who had head gear on at the time. The ferret must have smelled food on her head gear and grabbed hold! Luckily, she was the one who wanted to be a veterinarian someday so she didn't freak out like I would have. After she pried him off he was very sweet and fun! How fun, I bet your kids just LOVE Eddie! Can't wait to see pics!

Special K said...

Wow you really had me going. Isaac sooo wants a ferret so let us know how it goes. Maybe we could stop in one day for a visit!