Friday, May 8, 2009

Yummy!

I made Coconut Pineapple Chicken for dinner last night and it was super yummy. I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys!

1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sugar (or splenda, in my case!)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 medium green bell peppers, julienned
1/4 cu flaked coconut, toasted

1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, sugar, coconut milk, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
2. Stir in the chicken, pepper, coconut and pineapple. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.

I served it on basmati rice. It was tasty! The original recipe also called for 1 tsp. almond extract and 1/2 cup slivered almonds (toasted), but I was out of both. I thought it tasted pretty good without it though!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Mmm! I love tropical flavors and am a sucker for cocunut :) Thanks for sharing!
P.S. I love the header pic you have on your blog.