Thursday, October 29, 2009

October in a Nutshell

I love October. The weather cools, the leaves change and the holiday season officially starts. And there are always so many fun things to do around Seattle that we end up cramming the month full of adventures. This October was no exception!

October 10th: We went to the Penumbra Fantasy Faire where Chad bought not one, but two, fantastically medieval swords. What will he do with said swords? Who knows. But I can tell you that I don't think I've ever seen him quite so giddy.

October 17th: We made a family trip out to Stocker Farms in Snohomish. We got a ton of really cool pumpkins and several bags of crisp yummy apples.

October 19th: I had my gender-determining ultrasound and discovered that in March, it would be a little girl joining our family. Yeah for Baby Anna! Tell me that's not the cutest hand you've ever seen in your whole life. Go ahead. I dare ya!

October 21st: Natty had her first filling. She was so brave at the dentist office and looked so tiny in that big chair!

October 22nd-October 28th: We had a fun filled visit from Aunt Jessica, Uncle Todd, Cousin Luke, Grandma Trittipo and Aunt Laurie.

October 24th: Pumpkin Prowl at Woodland Park Zoo. Mikey was a werewolf and Natty was a "haunted kangaroo."

October 25th: The ward primary program. The kids sounded amazing and I didn't fall off my box even once. Whew.

October 27th: We caught a Casper Babypants concert at the Des Moines Library first thing in the morning, then headed over to Beth's for breakfast. Beth's is a super tasty greasy spoon that we discovered on Man vs. Food (see youtube clip below). Chad and I shared a 6 egg "makin' bacon" omelet and a most delicious cinnamon roll. (p.s. West Coast Adam from the tv show is my hair dresser's boyfriend. So cool!)





After breakfast, we headed out to Thomasson Farms. It is officially the best pumpkin patch ever. We played in the corn hut, ran the corn maze and pet the animals.

That night we headed over to the Showbox in Seattle to see a band called "The Sounds." By the end of the night I was T-I-R-E-D, but it was a great day.

October 28th: Our guests went home and the kids were pretty bummed to be in an empty house again, so Chad and I dragged them back out to Thomasson Farms. This time it was completely empty, so Chad got in the corn hut with them. So cute! We did the corn maze again (this time without clues) and pet the animals. Shorty the miniature horse had a terrible itch that Chad caught on film. So funny!



Tonight is the ward Halloween Party. Chad will be attending as the Goblin King from the infamous movie "Labyrinth." I can't wait!

I love October!!!

2 comments:

The comstocks said...

Wow you have been busy. I hope children arent a loud to get close enough to shortys cage to put their hands on the bars....... yuck!!:)

Stephanie said...

Wow! The makeup on that werewolf is amazing!!! And, I really need to check out that farm next year. We didn't even go to a pumpkin patch this year because we missed all the good weather.