Monday, November 10, 2008

6 Quirks

I have been tagged to list 6 of my quirks. I was actually tagged a while back, but I couldn't think of any. I think I am pretty normal. That is, I thought I was pretty normal. Since I was having trouble coming up with some on my own, I asked Chad for help. His response? "Dude. Name anything. You have a lot of quirks." Huh? Excuse me? I was perplexed. I expected him to say something to the effect that I am a delight to live with and it was impossible to think of anything quirky. So, I asked him to expound. What is quirky about everything I do? To which he responded, "I don't know. Name anything." Well, fine then. I won't list my fear of talking on the phone or getting crumbs in my bed, because those have been addressed on previous posts. Apparently it shouldn't be a problem coming up with 6 new ones...

1. I can't go to bed with dirty feet. I will wash my feet before retiring at night unless I've worn socks all day long and I am positive that my feet are squeaky clean.

2. I refuse to watch scary movies, or any show that reenacts crimes of any sort, if I know Chad will have to go on a business trip anytime in the foreseeable future. I just know that if I do, I will see something that will give me nightmares while he is away.

3. I am super scared of losing my cell phone. So scared that I will reach into my purse every 15 minutes or so to make sure that it is still there. (That thing has my calendar, my address book, my pictures, my music--everything on it!)

4. I can't eat a meal until all the dishes from the previous meal are washed and put away (i.e. I won't eat lunch until that cereal bowl sitting in the sink has been taken care of)

5. I am a sucker for the underdog. Always have been. I would take the brooder with a Bunsen burner over the captain of the football team any day.

6. I hate putting away laundry. I will wash it and fold it, but it'll sit in the laundry basket for weeks.

Geez. Maybe Chad was on to something here. This really makes me sound a little like an obsessive compulsive control freak. Naw. If that were true, my house would be way cleaner...

I tag Courtney, Busy Wheelers, Cranston 5, Todd & Jess, Candace and McAngela. Or whoever wants to.

1 comment:

Mel said...

How funny! I thought this sentence was hilarious: "I would take the brooder with a Bunsen burner over the captain of the football team any day." It made me laugh and laugh because that's totally how I am, too.