Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

It's the craziest thing ever. I woke up yesterday morning and found that spring had arrived overnight and unpacked her bags. Literally. From snow to blossoms. Now, it's no secret that I moved to Washington for the cold, wet winters. It's my favorite by far. But, this spring thing isn't too shabby either. The cherry blossom trees all bloomed in unison, paving the streets with gorgeous pink puffs. I've got tulips and daffodils sitting on my fireplace mantle--my two absolute favorite flowers. Yesterday, on our family walk we watched two huge eagles flying over us, squawking at each other like an old married couple. And, I've walked around for two days straight with no jacket on. I never thought I'd say it, but I enjoyed the sun. Of course, it was still in the sixties outside, so there was no chance of breaking a sweat. It's just proof positive that Washington is heaven, no matter what the season!

P.S. In honor of the spring weather, we decorated Easter Eggs today. We now officially have more brightly hued eggs than we will ever be able to eat.

2 comments:

Michaelynn said...

Wow! You've already done your eggs? I haven't even BOUGHT my eggs yet!

The weather is so wonderful. I feel such happiness!

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Fun!!! We found out this spring that we have daffodils planted all over our back yard. I love daffodils too! Also, your new layout is way awesome, and I love that picture of the eggs all lined up!