Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The World Through Natty Colored Glasses

We passed a cemetery on the way to church last week. Natty looked out her window and said, "Awwww...that's where zombies are born..." No fear. She said it as if we were passing the nursery in a hospital. And with such conviction. I looked out my window, half expecting to see a green child swaddled in rotting blankets. I wish I could see the world through Natty's eyes for just one day!

Also, Chad introduced the kids to the wonderful world of non-alcoholic mixed drinks via homemade Shirley Temples. Natty and Mikey both loved them. Really, what's not to like about adding corn syrup to already too sweet 7-up? Natty requests them all the time now. Only, to her they're not "Shirley Temples." They are "holy temples." So, should she request a cup of holy temple at your house, don't be alarmed! We aren't teaching anything weird in our family home evenings. She just wants a drink.

6 comments:

jjstringham said...

I remember the first time I ordered a Shirley Temple in front of James' family. They all gave me a look that made it very clear that they did not approve of me ordering an alcoholic beverage. :-P

Laurel said...

I love that Natty calls them "Holy Temples." Very cute.

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

So funny! I told Todd about the zombie thing and he was cracking up! Those kids are stinkin' brilliant!

Special K said...

Ahhh, to be a kid again - the innocense of it! Love it!

Michaelynn said...

Oh my word! I love it! I just love it! Zombies? Holy Temples?! Awesome, just awesome.

TamBaum said...

Zombies must be the the thing right now because we have talked about them too. That's what we are going to be when we are resurrected. Did you know?