Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Things They Say

So, Tuesdays are our regular playdates with another family at Russell Ridge. It was my turn this week. Which means that at 3:00 that day I was driving a car full of kids down the Maple Valley Hwy. And by full of kids, I mean full of kids. Three friends plus my two make for a very noisy drive. So, half way to our destination, Mikey yells at me: "Mom!!! Ethan is throwing all his junk into our trunk!" Then a few seconds later, "Ha, ha...junk...trunk...those rhyme." Then the other four broke out in laughter. Apparently the 4 to 8 year old bracket finds rhyming words to be absolutely hilarious. By this point I was already amused. Then they all started chanting "Junk in the Trunk" in unison. Now, they had no idea of the colloquial meaning of the phrase. They just thought it was funny that the words sounded similar. I, on the other hand, thought it was soooo funny. I can only guess what the cars next to me at red lights were thinking.

Later that day, Natty was sprawled out on the floor playing with her doll house. Mikey was sitting next to her watching tv. Natty turned to Mikey and said, "Shhhh....I'm playing with my dollies and this is a very hard level." Hmmm...maybe we should cut back on our video time?

I just love my kids so darn much. They have me laughing all day long. They are just so innocent and genuine and full of life. I can't imagine having a better job than the one I've got!

2 comments:

jjstringham said...

Ha! Finally! One of you insanely skinny persons finally has some junk in her trunk. :-) You just made my day.

Stephanie said...

HA! I love it! I would have been laughing so hard at that one! I love how kids are so obliviously innocent! That's too funny!