Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Natty Moment

It seems like lately I've spent more time at the dr's office than I have at home. Between routine visits and sick visits, I've been there nearly every week for the past few months. At least that's what it feels like. So, today when Natty woke up her left eye was pink and swollen shut. Which meant another trip out to Valley Medical. Natty is fine. It is just eczema on her eyelid, so she's not contagious and doesn't need any medication. Just ice packs and unscented lotion. I'm glad she's not sick, but I always feel like a chump when I sit at the office for hours only to be prescribed ice and lotion (both things I had at home already, thank you very much). Today's trip was worth it though, for the cute conversation Natty had with the doctor.

Doctor: "Okay Natty. I want you to look at this chart. There are ten faces on here. This face (pointing to the far left of the chart) is smiling. It isn't feeling any pain. This one (pointing to the far right) isn't happy. It doesn't feel good. Point to the face that shows me how you feel."

Natty points to the far left smiley face.

Doctor: (looking at Natty's very swollen eye) "You mean your eye doesn't hurt at all? It looks like your eye must hurt a little. Look, this face is happy."

Natty: "Well, I can still be happy."

What a cutie!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love this! Talk about a positive attitude! :)