Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Prowl










Me and the kids headed out to the "Pumpkin Prowl" at the Woodland Park Zoo tonight. Chad was busy, and I was in the mood to do something festive, and this fit the bill. Oh my heavens! It was so, so fun! They had all kinds of trick-or-treat booths set up for the kids. And they were handing out some good stuff. I'm talking Top Pot donuts, coupons for free cupcakes at Cupcake Royale, beanie babies (not the small ones, either. Real ones), boxes of granola, Cliff Bars and all the regular candy. They also had live shows every half hour or so and a chick walking around on super tall stilts. The "Zoomazium" became the "Boomazium." It was decorated extremely well and I would've loved to taken more pictures in there, but Natty quickly informed me that it was a "bad room" and she wanted to go. Anyways, if you are free tomorrow night (which you're probably not because it's our ward's trunk-or-treat), it's from 5-8pm and you can buy discounted tickets at Bartell's.
P.S. In case you can't tell, Natty is a "scary kitty cat" and Mikey is a zombie (he insisted on saying "trick-or-brains" instead of "trick-or-treat" at all the booths because, "mom, zombies eat brains. That is their treat.")

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such great pictures! Sounds like fun, I'll have to check it out next year! Their costumes look great, but there's no way Natty could pass for scary anything. She's just way too cute!! :o)

Michaelynn said...

Heather, Mikey kills me! I love his sense of how things work. "Trick or brains?"! Hilarious! I wish I would have known about this, it would have been fun to check it out. We used to live by Woodland Park Zoo and its a big favorite of ours. We'll have to put it on the calendar for next year.

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

Trick-or-brains hahaha Did you carve those pumpkins?? They are too cute...but I must say, your kids are way cuter! =)

WheelersSix said...

I miss Mikey, he is so clever! Trick-or-Brains...LOVE IT!