Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Hate Poo Bugs


Yesterday, we went to the zoo with the kids. We hit up the bug house, which we've never done before. It was really cool. They even had one super huge spider in an open display with no glass (because it supposedly never leaves its web). Apparently that was a terrible idea. Natty woke up three times last night between 1am & 3am, crying because she thought there was a dung beetle in her bed. Seriously. We saw tarantulas and king cobras and vampire bats, but Natty had nightmares about the dung beetle. A bug whose most horrifying characteristic is that it eats poo. Which is terrible, don't get me wrong, but not exactly the thing nightmares are made of. And while I'll be the first to admit that my house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be, I don't think there is enough animal feces scattered around Natty's room to support a host of poo eaters. Anyway, so today I'm walking around looking like a cast member from Night of the Living Dead, and Natty is totally afraid of Doodie bugs. Awesome. Aren't we just your modern day Cleavers?

4 comments:

Michaelynn said...

Haha! I am sorry you're sleep deprived, but I feel your pain. If Tyler has a nightmare, 90% of the time it is about spiders or something like that. And I think seeing one in an open cage like that would throw him over the edge. (Me, too, by the way). We're heading to the zoo tomorrow and hoping for a nightmare free evening afterward...

Johann said...

hahahaha! Best post of the month award goes to this post!

Johann said...

oh, sorry, that was (and this is) Deborah

Stephanie said...

Oh my. I think I would definitely have nightmares about seeing spider like that close up with no barrier between us. ::shiver:: Natty's so funny! This has to be the funniest post - I actually laughed outloud! Your kids must totally keep you entertained for hours! Cute, cute!